Senior Materials/Manufacturing Engineer
IBC Advanced Alloys is a leading manufacturer and developer of advanced alloys for the global market with a focus on specialty copper alloys and high performance beryllium aluminum castings. IBC’s engineered solutions are essential for many high technology products used in a broad range of market sectors including nuclear power, automotive, oil and gas, electronics and aerospace. Complementing the Company’s manufacturing operations are R&D programs and natural resource initiatives focused on enhancing and supporting IBC growing US manufacturing base.
IBC Engineered Materials Corporation (“IBC EMC”), a wholly owned subsidiary of IBC Advanced Alloys Corp., located in Wilmington MA, has a family of beryllium aluminum alloys that overcomes the limitations of pure beryllium and existing aluminum alloys, while retaining the benefits of the two metals.
IBC EMC is actively seeking a Senior Materials/Manufacturing Engineer to help grow this exciting opportunity. The successful candidate will report directly to the President of IBC EMC and will have a wide range of responsibilities. Additional details are below:
- The Senior Materials/Manufacturing Engineer will be responsible for the development and testing of innovative high technology materials to meet aerospace, defense and commercial applications. The incumbent will work directly with the engineering staff to assist in the selection and testing of materials to meet design criteria. He/she will also work directly with manufacturing to define and develop processes for the manufacturing and assembly of new and existing program components.
- Perform a wide variety of investigative and analytical studies pertaining primarily to the development of materials, design of effective and economical methods and processes, management of existing manufacturing product lines and the maintenance of related records and reports.
- Review and evaluate engineering documentation (drawings and Bill of Materials) to ensure consistency with manufacturing process and material presentation prior to formal release.
- Anticipate potential manufacturing issues and implement resolution prior to production start up.
- Make design recommendations to reduce manufacturing costs, enhance product quality and improve manufacturability considering manufacturing process flow, safety and ergonomics.
- Coordinate manufacturing, engineering, and materials on new component introductions.
- Support manufacturing departments by resolving daily production problems. Define
problem and interface with necessary departments to ensure their immediate resolution as well as root cause analysis to prevent recurrence.
- Stay informed of new technology, processes, SBIR’s, grants and best practices and apply to manufacturing operations where applicable.
- Provide input for long range project planning to meet completion dates and technical specifications.
- Recommend tooling requirements. Work and cooperate with tool design and
manufacturing personnel to develop effective tooling.
- Continually monitor existing operations and recommend possible improvements or
cost reductions. Prepare related analysis, layouts and other supportive data.
Prepare comparative cost estimates using alternative production methods.
- Prepare and provide to senior management reports and analyses as requested.
A Bachelor's degree in material science, material engineering, manufacturing engineering or equivalent is required. A Master's degree is preferred. The following experience criteria are required; exceptions to the criteria may be allowed for candidates that meet combinations of criteria or have additional exceptional skill sets:
- A minimum of 5 years of material development, selection, and testing experience, with a major focus on metals and alloys.
- A minimum of 5 years of experience in manufacturing related development for Aerospace and Defense programs.
- A minimum of 5 years of experience in the investment casting field.
- Experience with complex tooling design.
- A working knowledge of applicable ITAR and ISO standards.
- Must be self motivated with a strong sense of urgency.
- A working knowledge of basic Microsoft Applications including Word, Excel, Outlook, PowerPoint, and Project are required.
- Must have a sense of ownership and a desire to follow a project from inception to full production.
- An extensive knowledge of a CAD design package is essential.
- The ability to effectively manage multiple project tasks and work effectively in a cross functional team is necessary.
- For security clearance purposes must be a US citizen.
Please send all inquiries with resumes to:
IBC Engineered Materials Corporation
55 Jonspin Road
Wilmington, MA 01887
+1 (978) 284-8915